Meet Dr. Bell
Reginald C.W. Bell
Reginald C.W. Bell M.D., F.A.C.S. is the founder of the Center for Esophageal Wellness. He has had extensive experience performing minimally invasive procedures on the esophagus and stomach with over 25 years in practice.
He is a Board Certified General Surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, as well as a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, the American Society of General Surgeons, and the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons.
Reginald (Reg) Bell earned undergraduate degrees in Physics and in English Literature at Stanford University in 1976. He then completed a Master’s Degree in the Study of Religion at the University of Virginia, and began work on a Ph.D. in the Study of Religion at Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences in 1979. He received his M.D. from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1985. Dr. Bell interned and received his General Surgical training at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, Colorado, completing as Chief Resident in 1990. In 1990 he entered private practice in Englewood, CO.
- Stanford University: B.S., Physics, 1976; A.B., English Literature, 1976
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville: M.A., Study of Religion, 1979
- Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Doctoral student in Study of Religion, 1979-1981
- Medical College of Virginia: M.D., 1985
- Internship, General Surgery: University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1985-86
- Residency, General Surgery: University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1986-89
- Chief Resident, General Surgery: University of Colorado School of Medicine,1989-1990
- 1984 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Active Staff, Swedish Medical Center, Englewood, CO
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
- American Board of Surgery, Certification in General Surgery, 2011-2022
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1986
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgery (SAGES)
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT)
- American Society of General Surgeons (past – Governing Board)
- American College of Gastroenterology
To see all publications click here.